OUR BUILDING PROCESS
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Kennedy Building our purpose is to build high quality homes on time and in budget, that our customers love. With proven success on 100+ building projects, Kennedy Building pride themselves on being transparent, honest and just down to earth good buggers to all our valued clients. Our skilled building team apply attention to detail and take great pride in everything they do. Nothing is a problem to our team, we will always ensure we have the solution to keep that peace of mind. At Kennedy Building we believe reputation counts for everything, and we strive to be Southland's Most Trusted Builder.
Our team is large enough to get the job done seamlessly, while small enough to make you feel like the valued client that you are. When you engage us, you’re working with the owners of our company from day one, Will and Louise. A hands-on couple, they bring a fresh approach to the building industry here in Southland, along with the best employees and subcontractors in the area. Even out of town builders and our favourite local subbies choose Kennedy Building for their local building projects because they know high quality workmanship when they see it, and we won't leave your job to go to Queenstown, we stay local and get the job done.
As NZ Certified approved builders, we can offer our clients the Halo 10 Year Residential Guarantee Insurance. This guarantee gives you, the owner additional peace of mind and confidence in the quality of our workmanship.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH...
Kennedy Building can assist you with:
New Residential Home Builds
Commercial buildings - Early Childcare Centres/Playgrounds
Farm Building Construction
Concrete Pours (both large and small)
Deck and Fence Builds
Back Country Hut Buildings
FLEXIBLE PRICING OPTIONS + FIXED OR OPEN CONTRACT
Flexibility is a hallmark of Kennedy Building. We understand some builds require an eye for detail and build standards that aren’t compromised by budget.
Alternatively, we’ve helped many people create homes they love when sticking to budget is priority – and for whom fixed price contracts are vital.
Please talk to us to discover how we can fit your preferred contract approach.
OR IN PART
Kennedy Building offers turnkey solutions. We can manage every aspect of your build from conception to completion.
Our proven network of architects, draftsmen, planners, and subcontractors dovetail with our build team to ensure an efficient build experience.
That said, you may have a preferred architect, or subcontractor you’d like us to use. We’re adept at working with suppliers of your choosing.
OUR PROCESS - HERE'S WHAT TO EXPECT
1. The initial meeting is for you to decide if what we do is right for you. We bring ideas and get an idea of what you want from your build.
2. We get some concept plans drawn up for you to get an idea of scope and layout of your build.
3. Once any changes have been made to the concept drawings we have a plan that we can send to our awesome subbies who will give us an idea of what the overall cost will be.
4. If you are happy with the price, then we proceed to the working drawings stage. This is where things get serious, it's when all the ideas start to become reality.
5. Once the working drawings are complete we check our pricing against the stamped drawings.
6. If you are happy and ready to proceed to the build stage then we draw up a fixed price full turn key contract.
7. It's time to build. We set up a schedule for your build and lock in a start date.
8. The build starts. You are kept informed of how things are progressing through our Rave Build Program as well as regular contact from the team.
9. Once we are all done we hand over to you, yet are always there if you need anything. Sometimes it's as simple as explaining how the fancy heat-pump remote works.
10. Relax and enjoy your new home/shed, whatever it may be.
What is a Certified Builder and why should YOU use one?
One of the main objectives of the New Zealand Certified Builders Association is to provide New Zealand consumers with the assurance that our members are trade qualified builders who adhere to strict guidelines for standards of workmanship and business practice.
A Community of Craftsmen
Roughly 70% of NZ builders are not trade qualified. There was an urgent need to establish an association where trade qualifications were a prerequisite.
This Association, together with the advent of builder licensing, will help reduce non qualified trades people operating, and undermining the industry, and ultimately offer better guarantees to the consumer.
The Association provides benefits for both the consumer and the builder. It aims to continually upskill its members establishing an identifiable and high level of competence, consistency and excellence.
As well as begin trade qualified, the Association also looks at a number of other factors before allowing a builder membership to the Association. These include: reasonable history of stability, continued solvency, absence of complaints by customers and suppliers, a good untarnished reputation and brand, and consistently high standards.
What else does the Certified Builders Association Offer?
For complete peace of mind before, during and after the building process, Certified Builders offer an independent 10 year HALO’ Builders Guarantee. Your builder will submit an application for the guarantee upon signing of your building contract before construction begins. Under written by Lloyds of London, one of the worlds largest insurance underwriters. It is compulsory for any work over $30,000.
What are you covered for?
Loss of deposit.
Extra costs to complete the dwelling.
Structural defects for 10 years including weather tightness.
Non-structural defects for ten years.
Alternative accommodation requirements.